10/18/2013 - Missed Opportunity


  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #141

    MrAwesomeness12

    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    The second puzzle:

    NOT A MATE IN TWO.

    black can check you :)

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #142

    chessgrandmaster564

    What about 1. Rxe5

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #143

    HyperPeanuts

    easy

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #144

    carlosmadura

    good

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #145

    masterlegendkasparov

    222 easy

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #146

    cmscool

    what about Rxf6

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #147

    eaglewatch88

    Bryan681972 wrote:
    eaglewatch88 wrote:
    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    Hallo "kings_Landing" : nice puzzles , in your second puzzle after white played kd6 , what if black plays kb6 instead of Bxb1. Is still a mate in 2 possible??

    Yes.  2. Bc2# because it is a discovered check, and 2...Bxb1 is prevented.

    nice one!! thought abt the discovered check but dint see Bc2 to prevent the bishop taking the rook....this is perfect!! cheers.

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #148

    ReyRambler1960

    Smile

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #149

    BryanCFB

    MrAwesomeness12 wrote:
    Kings_Landing wrote:
     

    The second puzzle:

    NOT A MATE IN TWO.

    black can check you :)

    Yes, but white can respond to either check with discovered check and mate on move two.

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #150

    BryanCFB

    chessgrandmaster564 wrote:

    What about 1. Rxe5

    ? - Do you mean 1. Rxf6?

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #151

    MrSpriteSir

    This is not solved. What about Kh8?

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #152

    BryanCFB

    MrSpriteSir wrote:

    This is not solved. What about Kh8?

    The puzzle is solved, but to answer your question, if 7...Kh8 then 8. Qxg7#.

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #153

    rokyblade

    very nice

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #154

    Ocky

    OK

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #155

    Iceman1hu

    Instead of winning the Queen, the real opportunity is Mate in 9:

    1. Bg7+ Bxg7 2. Qh5+ Kg8 3. Bd5+ e6 4. Bxe6+ Nf7 5.Qxf7+! Kh7 6. Qh5+ Bh6 7. Rf7+ Kh8 8. Qxh6+ Kg8 9.Rf1#

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #156

    BryanCFB

    Iceman1hu wrote:

    Instead of winning the Queen, the real opportunity is Mate in 9:

    1. Bg7+ Bxg7 2. Qh5+ Kg8 3. Bd5+ e6 4. Bxe6+ Nf7 5.Qxf7+! Kh7 6. Qh5+ Bh6 7. Rf7+ Kh8 8. Qxh6+ Kg8 9.Rf1#

    Wouldn't the puzzle solution be better though, because not only does it win the queen, but it mates one move quicker???

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #157

    aztecvic

    I haven't seen if anybody got mate in 6.  The puzzle went as normal, but would not let me make (what would be) my last move; as follows:
    1.  Bg7+  Bxg7
    2.  Qh5+  Kg8
    3.  Bd5+  e6
    4.  Bxe6+ Nf7
    5.  Rxf7  Qe8(?)
    6.  Rf8 # (with a double check, and no where to go).
      the rook move checks the king, blocks the black queen, and discovers check by the bishop.

    Aztecvic

  • 3 év ezelőtt · Idézet · #158

    BryanCFB

    aztecvic wrote:

    I haven't seen if anybody got mate in 6.  The puzzle went as normal, but would not let me make (what would be) my last move; as follows:
    1.  Bg7+  Bxg7
    2.  Qh5+  Kg8
    3.  Bd5+  e6
    4.  Bxe6+ Nf7
    5.  Rxf7  Qe8(?)
    6.  Rf8 # (with a double check, and no where to go).
      the rook move checks the king, blocks the black queen, and discovers check by the bishop.

    Aztecvic

    What about the simple black response 6...Kxf8?


Ugrás az elejére

Válasz elküldése: